Sunday, May 29, 2011

My First Barefoot 5K

Ok, so I'm not a barefoot superhero and this wasn't a marathon but....
Today, I did my first full race barefoot. I didn't even bring bail out shoes.

The race was a nice local deal on the Cape Cod Canal in the fog. I ran with my friend Amy, her sister Kristi, and Kristi's fiancé Steve.


















I had a blast and finished the 5K in 26:56. It was really fun to be the only barefooter in the race. I guess this was my best chance of winning a barefoot class. Unfortunately, there was no barefoot class.

I also wore a giant patriotic hat to add to the WTF quotient as I cruised on by people in my best barefoot running form.








Luckily, my family and friends didn't run away in embarrassment.

Cheers!

One more note on superheroes: Congrats to The Maple Grove Barefoot Guy for his Barefoot Marathon today.


Location:Buzzards Bay, MA

No comments:

Post a Comment